The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be a seasoned programmer who has extensive experience with development of GUI based systems and strong knowledge of hardware/firmware integration.
This is an evolving opportunity seeking to employ cutting edge technologies to increase efficiency and performance supporting CPS Products.
The successful candidate will be motivated, team oriented, and have a drive to make CPS Products an industry leader in Smart & Connected HVACR & Automotive markets.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain embedded applications, using Linux and/or Android platforms
- Develop and maintain firmware applications, where the use of an RTOS is not required
- Provide full lifecycle software development, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, production deployment, documentation, training, configuration, and maintenance
- Help evolve the software development methodology based on agile and lean thinking, including the establishment of coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and quality assurance
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to design and solve software/firmware related issues
- Work with multi-discipline project teams on new product introduction, while adhering to software development and source control processes
- Fluent in the C/C++ languages
- Working knowledge of other programming languages, like Java, C#, .Net environment, etc.
- Experience with embedded development environments and practices
- Experience in Linux and/or Android kernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, and extensible architectures
- Strong knowledge of hardware interface, including but not limited to displays, serial interfaces (UART / SPI / I2C / USB) and wireless modules
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth and Wifi development and integration
- Experience in working with TI, Cypress (PSoc) and Microchip microcontrollers is a plus
- Experience with standard lab equipment, (like oscilloscopes, AWGs, Spectrum Analyzers, etc) and debugging interfaces
- Desired experience in cross-platform mobile app development
- Innovation: Always looking for ways to integrate new technology to solve problems and fill in capability gaps
- Good business communication skills. Position will require developing and giving presentations
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
Lift over 35 LBS
Job Type: Full-time
- working in embedded development environments and practices: 5 years
- software development: 8 years
- C/C++, Java, C#, .Net environment
Required work authorization:
- United States